Best practice forum (Archived)

This forum discussion has been removed

This forum post has been removed
Thursday, 15 March 2012, 10:20 PM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Craig Eves
Re: Unable to modify Language settings
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 18 March 2012, 3:04 PM
Group Totara

Hi Sonia

It sounds like it might be a problem with the theme not being displayed correctly on your browser.

Have you got a custom theme that has had recent changes  - can you try changing to a standards based browser such as Firefox or changing to a standard Totara theme. If this makes a difference then there is a problem with your custom theme.

If this doesn't make a difference I am guessing there may be a file permissions error on the server as it sounds from the help file that a new folder may need to be created.

Edited files may either be saved in the parent language folder or, preferably, in the local language folder, parentlanguage_local.

The local language folder will be created automatically if it doesn't yet exist.

I hope this helps you to narrow down what could be causing this.

Craig

Sunday, 18 March 2012, 6:10 PM
Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 18 March 2012, 6:53 PM
Group Totara

Hi Sonia

I see what you mean I got this when using the language editing.

It seems it is reporting the missing strings incorrectly they are not actually missing but  locally modified (missing strings are highlighted in red rather than green) so it should be OK

I found this on http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=145207

this is known bug in our current translation tool. It does not distinguish between missing strings and locally modified strings. So actually the message says you have locally modified some strings. Sorry for the confusion

Craig

Sunday, 18 March 2012, 7:11 PM
Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 18 March 2012, 7:42 PM
Group Totara

Hi Sonia

There is content stored on the server in a cache to aid performance - it sounds like this may be the case here. There is also the browser cache where content is stored (usually refresh works).

There are probably ways to manually reset the server cache but this depends on server.

If this doesn't come right by tomorrow the changes may not have been updated.

Sunday, 18 March 2012, 7:49 PM