Best practice forum (Archived)

Admin/Manager able to set personal completion for users?

Wouter Maenhout
Admin/Manager able to set personal completion for users?
by Wouter Maenhout - Monday, 19 March 2012, 6:48 AM
Group Partners

Hi,

For one of our customers we have setup a number of courses for all the employees. Some of the employees already have the specific competence and therefore their manager or admin need to be able to set a specific course or a specific course activity as completed for a user.

I think this is possible, but i cannot immediately find where? Can you help me out?

Kind regards,

Wouter

Craig Eves
Re: Admin/Manager able to set personal completion for users?
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 19 March 2012, 3:24 PM
Group Totara

Hi Wouter

If you have added these to learning plans and you are a manager or admin then there should be a add RPL box in the right hand column next to the course or competency.

RPL image

It is possible to set course activity manual completion  as follows

Go to the course admin > Settings > Student progress > Enabled control via course and activity settings

Turn editing on and add an activity and go to the Activity Completion > activity tracking and select what you want here.

Go to Course admin > Completion and select Manual completion by

Choose the role you want to allow this for and they will be able to mark  the activity as completed by ticking the completion box appearing beside the activity.

Craig

Wouter Maenhout
by Wouter Maenhout - Tuesday, 20 March 2012, 2:45 PM
Group Partners

Hi Craig,

Thank you for your response. We are currently not using learning plans for this specific setup.

I have followed the steps you mention and when i can login i can set the completion for each activity for myself, but not for another user.

Lets say user A needs to follow a course consisting of 3 steps (face to face, exam, questionnaire). Since user A has alraedy experience for this course, so he doesnt need to attend the face to face session, so i want to set the completion solely for this user as an admin.

Would this possible?

Our current version is 1.1.5, maybe we need to upgrade to a newer version?

Thanks in advance.

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 20 March 2012, 5:13 PM
Group Totara

Hi Wouter

When you login as the other user the other user needs to be in a role that has manual completions allowed.

The manual completion can be set up for each of the activities and the admin role allowed to manually complete these . The activities that they are competent in would be able to marked as completed by the admin.

Version 1.1.5 should show be able to do this OK - hopefully it is just a problem with the role assignments.

Craig

Wouter Maenhout
by Wouter Maenhout - Thursday, 22 March 2012, 8:03 AM
Group Partners

Hi Craig,

I have found how to do it, thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Wouter