Best practice forum (Archived)

La discussione è stata rimossa.

L'intervento è stato rimosso
Thursday, 19 April 2012, 01:49
Il contenuto di questo intervento è stato rimosso, non è più possibile visualizzarlo.
Simon Coggins
Re: Enrolling cohorts to programs: Notifications, course enrolment
di Simon Coggins - Thursday, 19 April 2012, 20:17
Gruppo Totara

Hi Denise,

They should get an enrollment message as long as:

• They have a valid email
  • Email for that user is enabled in their profile
  • Notifications are enabled on the 'Messages' tab in their profile 
  • The server is configured to send emails
As long as you are getting emails from other parts of the system (like forums) it seems likely there is a bug somewhere that's stopping them from being sent. Could you go to your Site Notifications page, and press the 'Download error log' button and send me the file?
For the second part, the way programs work is that they don't actually trigger the enrollment until the first time the user views the course. This is because some other people wanted the exact opposite of what you want - they didn't want all users appearing in the reports, only those that had actually gone to the course!
This is actually an issue that we seem to come up against a lot - different clients have very different requirements around what should happen with enrollments. I think we may need an additional status so we can distinguish between a course being "assigned" to a user, and a user actually having "started" the course. The difficulty then is how does the system know when someone has started!
One possible option to solve the problem for you might be to use the "Program Completion" report source as this will list users assigned to the program and their program completion status, but it doesn't break down the individual course completion statuses.
Simon
Wednesday, 25 April 2012, 05:14
Il contenuto di questo intervento è stato rimosso, non è più possibile visualizzarlo.
Simon Coggins
di Simon Coggins - Thursday, 10 May 2012, 15:36
Gruppo Totara

Hi Denise,

Are you still having problems with your program emails not arriving? There's nothing obviously wrong with your error logs. Could you let me know which version of Totara you are using, and what database (mysql, postgres, mssql) it uses?

I'll see if I can reproduce the problem locally.

I think you're right that it would be good to provide options around when course enrolment happens within programs.

Simon

Wednesday, 16 May 2012, 01:34
Simon Coggins
di Simon Coggins - Tuesday, 19 June 2012, 14:38
Gruppo Totara

Hi Denise,

I've tested this on MySQL and version 1.1.14 with individual users, static cohorts and dynamic cohorts and in all cases I get the emails as expected.

The only other thing I can think of is that you have a configuration problem with your mail, or the messages are getting marked as junk somewhere by your mail system (so they are being sent but not delivered).

Sorry I can't be of more help,

Simon

Friday, 8 March 2013, 09:50