Best practice forum (Archived)

Program Exceptions set on upgrade to Totara

? ?
Program Exceptions set on upgrade to Totara
by ? ? - Wednesday, 25 April 2012, 1:36 AM

After upgrade a site from Moodle to Totara (1.1.11) we have found a problem with learners having "exceptions" set i.e. they are excluded from a program when they actually have plenty of time left.

I found the following reference to this problem having been fixed in 1.1.9 ... so I'm wondering if it has been "un-fixed" somehow. Just started looking at this so not much more relevant detail yet.

Release 1.1.9 (26 January 2012):
==================================================

Database upgrades
    T-9323      Correctly handle "first login" completion dates for learners who haven't logged in yet in programs      Exceptions are no longer generated

Simon Coggins
Re: Program Exceptions set on upgrade to Totara
by Simon Coggins - Sunday, 29 April 2012, 4:34 PM
Group Totara

Hi Alan,

Can you provide any more details? What do you have set under Time Allowance on the "Content" tab and what is set for the completion date on the "assignment" tab for the users who have exceptions?

Simon

This forum post has been removed
Wednesday, 2 May 2012, 2:31 PM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
? ?
Re: Program Exceptions set on upgrade to Totara
by ? ? - Thursday, 3 May 2012, 1:28 AM

Thanks very much for offers to delve in. Unfortunately this site is not yet live and in a constant state of flux - the affected program and learners have all been changed now and we haven't time to try and recreate this; we are just glad to know we can override the exceptions if something like this arises again.

I guess I was really just raising the issue to find out whether others are affected and bring some awareness in case it is a problem. 

Apologies for being a bit new to this.