Best practice forum (Archived)

Course Duration Reporting

? ?
Course Duration Reporting
by ? ? - Tuesday, 15 May 2012, 4:50 AM

Hi, afraid i'm new to Totara so apologies if this is a really dumb question!

How do I add the duration of a course in Totara? I basically need to report on individuals learning by hours on a month by month basis.

E.g. Kelly Homer - May 2012 - 4 Sessions completed - Total 5hrs learning

Any help would be appreciated

thanks

Kelly   

Craig Eves
Re: Course Duration Reporting
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 15 May 2012, 4:34 PM
Group Totara

Hi Kelly

There are some standard course reports available to the course administrator when logged into a course.

These are available under Administration > Reports , these reports don't show the learning time but things like the count of posts or views for users.

The problem with calculating the time spent on learning is the amount of time logged in that is captured in the logs does not equate to time learning.

There is an activity completion report under Administration > Reports that shows what users have completed what activities. This report can be exported to a spreadsheet and then a column added for how many learning hours each activity is equivalent to. The spreadsheet can then have the totals for activities totalled for the activities that have been completed. This can be done through a pivot table with filter by completed activity and totalling the activity time field for each learner.

It may also be possible to do something similar with the report builder across the site using the log files and exporting to a spreadsheet for analysis as above.

Craig