Best practice forum (Archived)

Exception Reports in Certifications

Steph Wild
Exception Reports in Certifications
by Steph Wild - Monday, 30 June 2014, 3:06 AM
Group Learn Site Administrator

Hi,

I'm currently working with approx. 30 certifications and have to go in daily as Site Admin to sort out the exception reports.

As far as I can tell I get an exception report for each learner when their learning 'Expires' and when with they complete a certification or their window opens (I can't tell which because our windowing opening time is set to the same time period as the certification repeat). 

My query is why are these exceptions?  Totara is working as it should in terms of making learners overdue based on the information it has or giving learners the correct new date when they complete some learning. 

In my mind these are not exceptions and it gives me an extra admin task to do daily which will increase as more certifications are added to the system and overtime will become cumbersome - we have 9000 learners and are an NHS organisation so for auditory requirements will end up with many more certifications.

Can Totara be amended to only provide exception reports where something needs amending to make the certification work?

Many thanks

Steph 

me
Re: Exception Reports in Certifications
by George Angus - Thursday, 10 July 2014, 4:29 PM
Group Totara

Hi Steph,

Ive responded to Richard on the Helpdesk for more details & Ill reply in due course - Ive asked for more info & screenshots of settings, once I fully understand the issue Ill look at setting out a solution.

regards,

George.