Best practice forum (Archived)

Cancellation Reports

Steph Wild
Cancellation Reports
by Steph Wild - Tuesday, 10 June 2014, 6:59 AM
Group Learn Site Administrator

Hi,

I need to be able to view who has undertaken a particular task on Totara especially who has cancelled a users attendance on a session.  The logs do not go down to that level of detail.

Is there anyway we can either:

• Have more details in the logs so that I can identify who and done what to whom?
  • Have the username of the administrator added to the f2f report source?

I might be missing a trick here does anyone know if there is anywhere else I can get this information from.

Many thanks - Steph

me
Re: Cancellation Reports
by George Angus - Wednesday, 11 June 2014, 3:34 PM
Group Totara

Hi Steph,

This is a bug,  - Im given to understand it shouldnt (thats not definite!) take too long to fix. 

br,

George.

Ciaran Irvine (Core Developer)
by Ciaran Irvine (Core Developer) - Wednesday, 11 June 2014, 3:48 PM

Hi Steph,

Data on people adding or removing attendees, or deleting entire sessions, should really be in the Site Logs, I agree. We'll try and add that soon.

In the interim if you know approximately when the users attendance was cancelled, and then if you have a sysadmin there with access to the webserver logs, you may be able to discover the IP address of the user who made the changes at least. Depending on how your network is set up that may identify a particular person.

First get the session id

When looking at the attendees of the session in question the url should look like /mod/facetoface/attendees.php?s=123 where 123 will be some number, that's the session id

An admin adding/removing users would look like this in the webserver access logs:

POST /totara25/mod/facetoface/editattendees.php?s=123

again replace 123 with whatever the actual session id is. It's a bit of a long shot and would only conclusively identify a particular user if your network has fixed IP addresses.

Steph Wild
by Steph Wild - Friday, 20 June 2014, 3:56 AM

Hi,

Thanks I'll look forward to receiving the amendment and in the meantime I'll have a go with your suggestion should the need arise.

Steph

David Curry (Core Developer)
by David Curry (Core Developer) - Monday, 30 June 2014, 10:15 PM
Group Totara

Hey Steph,

A patch for this was included in the release of Totara 2.6.4 today (1st July 2014).

Cheers,
David

Richard Chambury
by Richard Chambury - Tuesday, 1 July 2014, 2:58 AM
Group Partners

Hi David

Steph is currently on 2.5.13.1 and there are not plans to move to v2.6 currently due to the incomptaibility with IE8 - when will this be added to the v2.5 patch updates?

Thanks

Richard

by David Curry (Core Developer) - Tuesday, 1 July 2014, 2:27 PM
Group Totara

Hey Richard,

The bug is marked for 2.5 as well so the 2.6 patch we just released should be back-ported and included in a 2.5 release, hopefully the one scheduled for next Tuesday.

Cheers,
David

by David Curry (Core Developer) - Monday, 7 July 2014, 9:14 PM
Group Totara

Hey Richard,

The 2.5 version of the patch was included in todays (8th July 2014) release of Totara 2.5.15, upgrading to the latest 2.5 should fix your issue.

Cheers,
David

Steph Wild
by Steph Wild - Thursday, 10 July 2014, 5:38 AM

Thanks, that's great.

Rita Ansbro
by Rita Ansbro - Thursday, 3 July 2014, 12:11 AM

Hi

We at ELHT are also on the same version as Steph and need to know the same things, especially who is cancelling an attendee from a course.  It would be very useful to be able to dig down further in the reports than we can at present and find out which administrator has done what to whom, so will keep an eye out for this to appear.

Rita