Best practice forum (Archived)

Totara Statistics Block

? ?
Totara Statistics Block
by ? ? - Thursday, 31 May 2012, 10:05 AM

Hi There,

I can't seem to get this block displaying correctly (i've also tried the demo server).

However it seems to always display blank. Is it bugged?

What should this block display and how?

Many Thanks,

Joe

Craig Eves
Re: Totara Statistics Block
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 4 June 2012, 4:57 PM
Group Totara

Hi Joe

You need to enable statistics on your  site for this to show - the default is not to enable them.

This is under Site Administration > Server > Statistics

It comes with the following warning and also a few other settings to prevent this causing performance issues.

If you choose 'yes' here, Totara's cronjob will process the logs and gather some statistics. Depending on the amount of traffic on your site, this can take awhile. If you enable this, you will be able to see some interesting graphs and statistics about each of your courses, or on a sitewide basis.

Craig

Simon Coggins
by Simon Coggins - Tuesday, 5 June 2012, 12:25 AM
Group Totara

Actually the moodle statistics that Craig is describing is unrelated to the totara stats block, which generates and displays it's own stats separately.

Simon

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 5 June 2012, 3:14 PM
Group Totara

Thanks Simon

I was able to see the statistics block on the Myteam dashboard, it shows the information below for the last thirty days for the manager's team members.

Statistics block

Craig

Simon Coggins
by Simon Coggins - Tuesday, 5 June 2012, 12:21 AM
Group Totara

This block is only designed to work on the "My Team" dashboard, because it only shows stats for a manager's team. We are reworking this a bit in Totara 2 as we are removing the role-based aspect, but for now it should work on a manager's My Team page.

Simon