Best practice forum (Archived)

Reporting Issue

Mike Martin
Reporting Issue
by Mike Martin - Wednesday, 6 June 2012, 2:39 PM

Hey Totara community! First, I love all the quick feedback and support in here. Thanks to everyone!

My issue is about reporting. I get a score from the SCORM file that shows a passing grade on the tracked quiz (Image #1 on attachment). The learner reported a 77.77% (70 points) where the passing score was 70% (63 points).

I click the "View attempts for..." button in the course, click on the learner's attempt and is shows 'Failed.' (image #2 on attachment).

I recheck my settings and verify that 'user must recieve a grade' and 'require minimum score' is set to 70 (image #3 on attachment).

I have no idea why it's not showing as 'passed.' Can anyone help me figure out what I'm missing here? I would greatly appreciate it!

Dan Marsden
Re: Reporting Issue
by Dan Marsden - Wednesday, 6 June 2012, 3:28 PM

that status field is the SCORM cmi.core.lesson_status - this is set by your SCORM package, It is up to your SCORM authoring tool to set how this field is set based on conditions within your package.

you should take a look here:
http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/SCORM_FAQ#Handling_of_Multiple_Attempts

A "new attempt" in SCORM is only available if the status is "complete" or "passed" otherwise each time the user enters the SCORM they will be working within the same initial attempt.

hope that's useful.