Best practice forum (Archived)

Definitions of the Role Permissions Capabilities

Wendy Means
Definitions of the Role Permissions Capabilities
by Wendy Means - Monday, 24 September 2012, 5:43 PM

Is there any documentation on each of the 'Capability' options listed Under Permissions for Roles?

For example: In the Permissions of a Role, under the Capability 'Guides' there are options for: 'User add guides', 'User restart own Guide' etc etc what do each of these options do/change/mean? I see each option is a link, but clicking on the link just gives me a message on the Moodle site 'There is currently no text in this page.'

I'm hoping there is a description of each of these options somewhere else....

thanks

? ?
Re: Definitions of the Role Permissions Capabilities
by ? ? - Monday, 24 September 2012, 6:31 PM

Information on all the standard Moodle capabilities can be found here:

http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/index.php?title=Category:Capabilities

Unfortunately however the Guides functionality was a Totara extension in version 1.1 and has been removed in 2.2. We don't have detailed help information on the various capabilities added by the Totara extensions. It's a good suggestion though, we should definitely gather that information together and have it available online somewhere.

I'm not that familiar with the Guides functionality though, so maybe someone else can answer your specific query about Guides capabilities.

Wendy Means
by Wendy Means - Monday, 24 September 2012, 6:58 PM

Thanks, that link helps me no end.
me
by George Angus - Monday, 24 September 2012, 6:33 PM
Group Totara

Hi Wendy,

The Guides you refer to were step-by-step instructions for setting up Totara which have not been removed/updated as yet. They have been taken out of Totara 2.2 as they serve no useful function.

regards,

George.