Best practice forum (Archived)

Report showing User's Start Date

Wendy Means
Report showing User's Start Date
by Wendy Means - Tuesday, 16 October 2012, 7:10 AM

I want a report that shows the 'Start Date' field (from the 'Positions' tab of the User Profile). I expected it to be a field in the 'Users' Report but it is not listed. Where do I find this?

Thanks

me
Re: Report showing User's Start Date
by George Angus - Tuesday, 16 October 2012, 1:41 PM
Group Totara

Hi Wendy,

Have you tried adding another column in the Users report? The start date should be there.

regards,

George.

Wendy Means
by Wendy Means - Tuesday, 16 October 2012, 2:40 PM

Hi George

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I tried to add another column to the Users report - this is where I expected for find 'Start Date' but I don't have a field in the 'Add another column...' list called that (or anything like it). Is there somewhere that this is able to be 'turned off' for a report??

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 16 October 2012, 3:08 PM
Group Totara

Hi Wendy

I can see the column Users Position Start date in the latest version of v2.2 but not in v1.1

The Add another column appears in the Columns tab when editing a report using the Report builder under Site Admin > Reports > Report builder > Manage reports

regards

Craig

Wendy Means
by Wendy Means - Wednesday, 17 October 2012, 7:24 AM

Thanks Craig - we are still on the old version!!
me
by George Angus - Wednesday, 17 October 2012, 1:25 PM
Group Totara
One work around might be to create a new field in the user profile, "date", export all the user data and add the appropriate date (in a spreadsheet for example) and reimport. You can then run a report on the new field.