Best practice forum (Archived)

This forum discussion has been removed

This forum post has been removed
Thursday, 4 October 2012, 3:16 AM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
? ?
Re: Tin Can API
by ? ? - Thursday, 4 October 2012, 3:26 AM

Hi Hannah,

Tin Can is something that is very much on our radar and something we are looking to support soon.

Thanks,
Andy

Tim Newham
by Tim Newham - Thursday, 4 October 2012, 10:16 AM
Group Partners

Hi Andy, do you have any more information yet, like outline roadmap statements or timescales? I think it's a great idea, of course. But if we see Tin Can as just "an upgraded SCORM standard" we risk missing the point. It can be so much more than that! Linking to competencies, for example. And as I've said elsewhere, it'd be a lovely addition to Totara Social aka Mahara....

Tim

Richard Wyles
by Richard Wyles - Thursday, 4 October 2012, 7:31 PM

Hi Tim,
Like always we've got a few things going on but I'm keen we make progress - specifications work is underway for Totara Social so this is a timely discussion. The comments on the Moodle tracker are also very useful thanks.

As soon as we have some timelines I'll update here.

cheers
Richard 

This forum post has been removed
Thursday, 4 October 2012, 10:36 AM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Chad Outten
by Chad Outten - Wednesday, 6 February 2013, 4:34 PM

Voted. It looks as though the Tin Can plugin for Moodle is gathering momentum. Tracker says work is being done for M2.4 - is it fair to predict this gets inherited by Totara when it moves to 2.4 in march/april 2013?

Chad

? ?
by ? ? - Wednesday, 6 February 2013, 4:50 PM

Hi Chad,

When a version of Moodle 2.4.x ends up finally including the Tin Can plugin, then yes that will automatically be merged into the subsequent Totara 2.4.x release.

For example in the current 2.2 series, Moodle 2.2.7 was released by Moodle on the 14th January, and all the changes in Moodle 2.2.7 were included in the next Totara release , Totara 2.2.13, on the 18th January. The same logic will apply to 2.4 releases, and Totara 2.4.0 will be based of whatever the latest Moodle 2.4.x release is at that time.

Dan Marsden
by Dan Marsden - Wednesday, 6 February 2013, 9:54 PM

Only bugfixes go into Stable releases so 2.4 is not possible, it's highly unlikely Tin Can will be ready to be included in Moodle Core as part of 2.5 which will be released around June - If development picks up and it becomes really stable it might land in 2.6 core(dec 2013) but it's likely to hang around as an available add-on instead of being in Moodle core straight away.