Best practice forum (Archived)

SCORM Interactions Result Collection

? ?
SCORM Interactions Result Collection
by ? ? - Sunday, 2 December 2012, 4:45 PM

Hi all,

One of our packages developed on Articulate Storyline, that has a Likert Survey within it. It's results are collected successfully in SCORM Cloud, (see image) but I can find no evidence of them in the T2.2 Reports?

I'm wondering whether the SCORM module in T2.2 collects the info at all or whether I am displaying my broad-spectrum incompetence by not being able to find the results in the Report Builder:

SCORM Cloud Results

me
Re: SCORM Interactions Result Collection
by George Angus - Sunday, 2 December 2012, 5:38 PM
Group Totara

Hi Liam,

Is there any way we can have a copy of the SCORM package - to look at where it is storing the data?

regards,

George.

? ?
by ? ? - Sunday, 2 December 2012, 5:51 PM

Hi Geor
? ?
by ? ? - Sunday, 2 December 2012, 6:04 PM

Hi George, apologies for the last post, the editting time expired before I could submit again.

The SCORM package is slightly too big to upload: 600kb, so you can download it from my website here or I've attached the manifest XML if thats enough.

Cheers Liam.

? ?
by ? ? - Sunday, 2 December 2012, 6:45 PM

Hi Liam,

The SCORM report source in the Reportbuilder module does not cover Likert scale cmi.interactions data, but the data is being stored in the database by Totara 2.2, and there is a standard inbuilt moodle scorm report which displays the information you are looking for.

When logged in as the course editor or site administrator, go to the course and click on the scorm activity. There should be a screen with two tabs - the default Info tab where you can choose to enter the SCORM in Preview or Normal mode; and a Reports tab.

On the Reports tab there are three sub-tabs for Basic, Graph and Interactions report - you want the Interactions report tab which should show you every user enrolled on the course and all their responses. The data here can also be downloaded in e.g. Excel or CSV format.

? ?
by ? ? - Sunday, 2 December 2012, 8:09 PM

Thank you Ciaran, you are a genius.

Can I ask, did earlier versions of Totara store this info in a DB table? We have both test AND production (live) environments. The live environment upgrade to 2.2 is pending, and the course in question is running on a 1.x version of Totara, I'm wondering if any of the responses have been collected in the database of the previous version that I may be able to retrieve vai the backend?

Thanks so much again.

L.

? ?
by ? ? - Sunday, 2 December 2012, 8:39 PM

I just checked with your SCORM on an installation of 1.1.20 and yes, the data is stored in the database.

There doesn't actually seem to be a report to see it in 1.1, but the data will be there to view in the Interactions report in 2.2 after you upgrade.

In case you want to poke around with the raw data it can be found in the mdl_scorm_scoes_track table, which will have vast amounts of data, but in this particular case you will be looking for records looking something like this:

element                                                            value

cmi.interactions_x.type                                 likert

cmi.interactions_x.student_response       My_training_need_is___Above_average