Best practice forum (Archived)

Site Registration

? ?
Site Registration
by ? ? - Tuesday, 27 November 2012, 7:13 PM

Hi,

What information is passed to Totara during the site registration?

If our site is hosted internally within the organisatono (behind firewall and proxy) do we still need to register it with Totara?

Also, if the site is not registered, does we receive less support for the application?

thanks,

-Ira

me
Re: Site Registration
by George Angus - Tuesday, 27 November 2012, 7:32 PM
Group Totara

Hi Ira,

The information can be found at yourtotarasite/admin/register

It would be helpful to us to know this info should any problems arise, so it would be useful if you could make a rule to allow access.

Registering does not change the level of support.

Hope this is useful,

regards,

George.

? ?
by ? ? - Sunday, 9 December 2012, 9:52 PM

Hi,

If access is denied (currently under approval) can we supply this information manually to Totara to update in their register site report?

thanks

me
by George Angus - Monday, 10 December 2012, 12:02 PM
Group Totara

Hi Ira,

Im not cure what you mean by "currently under approval". I shouldve supplied this "yourtotarasite/admin/register.php". Its only a Systems Admin who will be able to see this - can you send me a screenshot if you are still unable to access?

regards,

George.

? ?
by ? ? - Monday, 17 December 2012, 5:45 PM

Hi,

The decision to set up access on our internally hosted server to register with Totara site is being reviewed byour IT department. There are concerns by our IT security people about opening up our server to an external site.

I've had a look at the /admin/register.php file and can't see any security breaching functions in there.

I'm just trying to proactviely find a solution to register our instance of Totara in case the access is denied.

-Ira

me
by George Angus - Monday, 17 December 2012, 6:05 PM
Group Totara

Ahh!

Ira,

Just take a screenshot of your Notifications page and email it directly to me at george.angus@totaralms.com

regards,

George.