Best practice forum (Archived)

This forum discussion has been removed

This forum post has been removed
Sunday, 13 January 2013, 7:25 PM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
me
Re: linked courses to competency display
by George Angus - Monday, 14 January 2013, 12:59 PM
Group Totara
Hi Marni,

This is most definitely a bug & filed a bug report - the learner should not be able to remove mandatory courses from a competency.

regards,

George.
Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 15 January 2013, 2:34 PM
Group Totara

The user isn't actually able to delete a mandatory course linked to a competency.

The user is able to add a course from the courses on their learning plan to the competency. I can't see a problem with the learner being able to do this as course that currently isn't  linked to a competency may fit just as well.

If there is a problem then using the manager approval process requires this course to be approved in the learning plan.

There are other workflow options available in the manage learning plan templates >  Custom workflow > advanced workflow settings > Competencies etc that can be modified to fit the approval workflow required.

Craig

David Curry (Core Developer)
by David Curry (Core Developer) - Tuesday, 15 January 2013, 4:38 PM
Group Totara
Hey Guys,

Thought I'd chuck in my 2 cents. A user can not delete a course (from the course tab) if it is linked as mandatory to a competency. However the user can remove that link, and then delete the course. I have a patch in review now stopping users from deleting a mandatory link so this shouldn't be an issue. Managers/Admin will still be able to delete the course (and thus the link to the competency).

Side Note: The add linked courses button shows a list of all the courses added to the plan (all the ones visibly under the plans course tab) not the competency courses. So if you didn't import them initially they wont show up unless you add them to the learning plan.

Hope this clears things up.
David
? ?
by ? ? - Wednesday, 20 February 2013, 2:52 PM

A patch for this issue was included in today's 21st Feb 2013 release of Totara 2.2.15