Best practice forum (Archived)

Filter Grader report by hierarchy

Bodo Hoenen
Filter Grader report by hierarchy
by Bodo Hoenen - Tuesday, 19 February 2013, 2:41 PM

Hello

Two Questions about the grader report (using Totara 2.2.14)

1. Is it possible to filter the grader report by Hierarchies? For example I have a number of teams taking the same course. Each team is in a different organization hierarchy. I want to filter the grader report to only show me the users from Org A and not Org B, C, D...

2. If the above is not possible, and as a follow on question, can a report source be built to include the same columns as the grader report (I.E., a dynamic list and number of columns for each activity with its grade detail). and then also include the hierarchy columns as with the other report sources that include hierarchy data?
Or is there another mechanism to achieve this type of reporting?

me
Re: Filter Grader report by hierarchy
by George Angus - Tuesday, 19 February 2013, 3:04 PM
Group Totara

Hi Bodo,

Can I suggest a workaround - use two reports (the grader and another) exported to excel and link them using vlookup? 

regards,

George.

Bodo Hoenen
by Bodo Hoenen - Wednesday, 20 February 2013, 6:54 AM

Hi George, 

I was hoping to avoid doing that,

Would you know how much effort it would be to create a report source, that is able to pull activity information from a course, like the grader report currently does, but with the addition of hierarchy and some user fields?

me
by George Angus - Wednesday, 20 February 2013, 12:37 PM
Group Totara

Hi Bodo,

This wouldnt require too much custom development from your partner, in the meantime we are looking at expanding our reporting fucntionality in the near future and I have logged your query as an enhancement bug.

regards,

George.