Best practice forum (Archived)

This forum discussion has been removed

This forum post has been removed
Monday, 4 March 2013, 7:45 AM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Richard Wyles
Re: Totara or Yammer?
by Richard Wyles - Monday, 4 March 2013, 3:05 PM

Hi John,

I think you'd be very interested in Totara Social. It's still in the design phases but very exciting and will be like Yammer on steroids...

See this forum - https://totara.community/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=2668#p10629 and we'd welcome your feedback.

The benefits will be similar to Totara LMS, lowers costs, inherent flexibility that comes with open code. Plus it is being designed to work very well alongside TotaraLMS naturally.

Btw, are you planning to upgrade to 2.2?

kind regards
Richard 

Tuesday, 5 March 2013, 5:06 AM
Richard Wyles
by Richard Wyles - Tuesday, 5 March 2013, 1:52 PM

My apologies, you are quite right. I have attached the high level requirements for your interest. We will be starting development shortly. 

? ?
by ? ? - Wednesday, 6 March 2013, 1:41 AM

Richard

Thank you for the draft product design, can you give any indication of timeline on Totara Social. I'm sure I speak for others who would be interested in this and are already trying to mash a social platform together. This for me is one of the best advances yet.

Richard Wyles
by Richard Wyles - Wednesday, 6 March 2013, 1:59 PM

Hi William,

It's quite a big development so we're yet to pin down a definitive release date (folowing Google & Apple's examples ;-). We have a dedicated team starting on this next month and,at this stage, I expect a Version 1 release during the 3rd quarter.

Thank-you for reviewing and it's good to get positive feedback. We're excited about the project because the proprietary alternatives are poor value for money and naturally more rigid than an open source alternative.

regards
Richard 

Thursday, 18 April 2013, 6:47 AM
? ?
by ? ? - Monday, 8 July 2013, 2:04 AM

Hi John,

Sorry we missed this post. Totara Social will be designed to be a stand-alone product, but one that will integrate very nicely with Totara LMS. No pricing details as yet but we will keep you posted as the project progresses.

Andy

Tuesday, 12 March 2013, 4:29 PM