Best practice forum (Archived)

Scorm status completion requirement cannot be removed

Michael Trio
Scorm status completion requirement cannot be removed
by Michael Trio - Friday, 15 March 2013, 2:04 PM
Group Partners

Hi,

Here's another bug I've stumbled across (2.2.16) , complete with an attached potential fix!

1.) Create a scorm activity with a completion status requirement, such as 'passed'.

2.) Edit the activity and remove any status requirements and replace it with 'must view' or some other alternative.

3.) Edit the activity again and view its status.

Result: The previous status completion requirement is still checked.

Expected: There should no longer be a status completion requirement for the SCORM.

Thanks,

Michael

me
Re: Scorm status completion requirement cannot be removed
by George Angus - Sunday, 17 March 2013, 3:09 PM
Group Totara

Hi Michael,

Thanks again! Ive filed a bug report and linked to your proposed patch.

regards,

George.

Yuliya Bozhko
by Yuliya Bozhko - Tuesday, 14 May 2013, 6:44 PM

Hi Michael,

We included this fix in 2.2.18 release. Thanks for your help!

Yuliya

? ?
by ? ? - Tuesday, 28 May 2013, 3:21 PM

I am troubleshooting a very similar issue, except in this case we aren't able to add activity completion options to a Scorm activity. When we add things like require a grade, a minimum score, or a status (in other words, putting a check into those boxes) and save, those settings are gone when we return to the activity settings. The completion settings never get saved.

Totara version 2.2.18. I was hoping 2.2.18 would solve this issue with the bug fix mentioned here.

I am preparing some error logs that may offer diagnostic information, however they don't seem to be helpful to me. I will work on that and post back here soon.

For the record, this site was originally upgraded from an earlier Moodle version.

? ?
by ? ? - Sunday, 7 July 2013, 8:30 PM

The problem for us ended up being a botched migration from Moodle. A new migration solved our particular problems.

The problem with the migration was that Totara was copied over the Moodle code rather then completely replacing the Moodle code.

? ?
by ? ? - Sunday, 7 July 2013, 9:06 PM

Yes that's a very common source of errors and strange bugs Jamie, even when upgrading Totara from one point release to another strange things can happen if you overwrite the code instead of replacing it. Things do tend to move around, functions can be re-written, and all it takes is for one file out of thousands to not copy properly, and chaos ensues :-)