Best practice forum (Archived)

Objectives Tab

Suganthan Vivekananthan
Objectives Tab
by Suganthan Vivekananthan - Saturday, 16 March 2013, 2:43 PM

Hi - we are not using objectives in our learning plans. I like how you can chose not to use that component, however, there does not seem to be a way to eliminte the tab from the Record of learning report area.

Any ideas? is this a bug?

me
Re: Objectives Tab
by George Angus - Sunday, 17 March 2013, 5:40 PM
Group Totara

Hi Kirk,

Im given to understand it would take a relatively minor amount of custom work to stop the tab appearing, but it is not a bug.

regards,

George.

Suganthan Vivekananthan
by Suganthan Vivekananthan - Tuesday, 19 March 2013, 6:17 PM

Thnks George but I don't quite understand how you could say its not a bug??? You have UI that lets people choose not to use Objectives in their leanring plan templates yet you have a tab that appears when people review their progress reports that says "Objectives" since the tab is empty, its very poor UI.

It would make more sense to have the tab not appear if it is empty. This is also consitent with other tabs throughout the program such as the reports tab.

me
by George Angus - Tuesday, 19 March 2013, 6:39 PM
Group Totara

Hi Kirk,

Your quite right - this is a bug, it has been reported & its on the list of improvements  for the 2.4 release which should be out shortly and it'll be backported to 2.2

regards,

George.

Suganthan Vivekananthan
by Suganthan Vivekananthan - Thursday, 21 March 2013, 5:50 PM

Thanks George - got your linked in request from a while back in a seldom visited mailbox -- will connect when I get on my other machine - cheers.