Best practice forum (Archived)

Face to face Reporting feature

Tony Jalali
Face to face Reporting feature
by Tony Jalali - Wednesday, 27 March 2013, 9:47 AM

I am using Moodle 2.2 / Totara 2.2 with the face to face plug-in to offer a single course multiple times during a specific time period. I need to be able to generate a report at site level with the following criteria:

List all courses offered for a pre-defined period of 6 weeks or 60 days (like 60 days starting from today's date).

List total number of students who have currently signed up for each session

Show each session in a line 

Group them by Course short or long name

Filter them by selected period

Sort them by course name

Course Name Session Name/ID  Maximum Capacity # of Student Signed-Up Available Seats
Acc 100 Session 1 40 0 40
Acc 101 Session 1 30 12 18
Session 2 45 35

Can we pass at least the course name as a parameter to be selected at the runtime by user (with a default of ALL if not selected).

This is the first time that I am attempting to create any report. Can I use the report builder to do so? Do I need to create SQL queries, or such queries exist? 
I appreciate any help I could get, before attempting to re-invent the wheel. 

Regards,
Tony

? ?
Re: Face to face Reporting feature
by ? ? - Wednesday, 27 March 2013, 3:04 PM

Hi Tony,

We do intend to add new F2F report sources in the near future which may be closer to what you want but I don't have a release date for that yet.

In the meantime there is some documentation on creating custom report sources which may help, it does require some custom code/development work though. And this documentation is also quite old and could do with an update, but it should at least let you decide whether you want to try making a new report source, or wait until we add new F2F report sources to core.

Craig Eves
Re: Face to face Reporting feature
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Wednesday, 27 March 2013, 4:46 PM
Group Totara

Hi Tony

There is a Face to Face Sessions report source that you can use for this in the report builder - not sure when this was added but is on the recent v2 .2.16 .

This include columns for Number of Attendeees and Session Capacity - the available seats can be calculated from this.

You can add a filter search field for the course name which will save with the report see http://help.totaralms.com/Report_Builder.htm for more details on the options you can use.

Craig