Best practice forum (Archived)

HTTP 1.1 Requirement for Totara

Andrew McMonagle
HTTP 1.1 Requirement for Totara
by Andrew McMonagle - Thursday, 4 April 2013, 1:40 AM

Hi Guys,

We have a customer who is using IE8 and have HTTP 1.1 switched off throughout their organisation. They have Totara Version 2.2.12 (Build: 20121220.00)

They have advised that having HTTP 1.1 disabled on the browser is preventing them from uploading courses to a topic outline page. There are no error messages the upload wheel just continuously rotates.

I have been unable to replicate this issue so my question is, What is the technical requirement for Totara in relation to HTTP 1.1 and if it is disabled does it cause an issue uploading? If this does cause a problem uploading would anyone be able to explain the reason for this?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew McMonagle
Re: HTTP 1.1 Requirement for Totara
by Andrew McMonagle - Thursday, 4 April 2013, 2:25 AM

By uploading courses I mean uploading a scorm package.
me
by George Angus - Sunday, 7 April 2013, 8:19 PM
Group Totara

Hi Andrew,

It seems to me the fault might lie with the SCORM package - have you tried uploading a copy?

cheers,

George.

Andrew McMonagle
by Andrew McMonagle - Monday, 8 April 2013, 1:49 AM

Hi George,

Thanks for getting back to me.

They actually don't get the option to add the file, the wheel just rotates and the option to "choose a file" does not appear.

I have been able to upload scorm to the site with no issues.

Kind regards

Andrew

me
by George Angus - Monday, 8 April 2013, 4:04 PM
Group Totara

Hi Andrew,

I got this to work. Is it possible to see screenshots of the steps they are taking, and relevant settings? I assume the settings you refer to are as attached?

regards,

George.setting1.JPG

Andrew McMonagle
by Andrew McMonagle - Wednesday, 10 April 2013, 12:30 AM

Hi George,

That is the setting. The steps being taken to replicate the issue are:

1. Launch IE
2. In IE9 go to internet  settings -> advanced
3. Scroll down and untick the HTTP 1.1 option/s  and save/ok
4. Then within IE press F12 - Clear session cookies and then clear cookies for domain.
5.  logon as admin.
6. Go into a course page and try to edit any attached item e.g. SCORM object or file attachment
7. Does the upload functionality appear or is it a spinning black circle?

I was wondering if you have any information on the http 1.1 requirement for Totara? If any?

me
by George Angus - Wednesday, 10 April 2013, 2:49 PM
Group Totara

Hi Andrew,

I couldnt replicate this here, I could upload without a problem. This is not something which anyone has raised before as far as Im aware. It may be worthwhile using the "Purge all caches" feature under Development in admin, are there any other error messages being picked up by any devs at the customer end?

regards,

George.