Best practice forum (Archived)

System Email Report?

Peter Tiziani
System Email Report?
by Peter Tiziani - Tuesday, 16 April 2013, 10:45 AM

Hi,

Is it possible for me to see a report of when messages/emails have been sent by the system? Specifically, I am interested in the following data points:

• Time of when email-based self registration email was sent
    • To whom it was sent
  • Time of when program enrollment email sent to user
    • We currently use dynamic audiences for our new users.

We use an email alias for the outgoing messages. My concern is that since it's an alias, many programs might think it's spam/junk email and as a results the account confirmation emails are not being processed along with the program enrollment emails.

Any suggestions?

Austen Sinclair
Re: System Email Report?
by Austen Sinclair - Tuesday, 16 April 2013, 2:22 PM
Group PartnersGroup TXP Site Administrator

Hi Peter

We have the same issue.  A while back our vendor wrote a log that we access via a URL (screen shot below) that shows the last seven days of messages - which is normally sufficient for our needs and doesn't fill our disk space. While we're happy to arrange for this code to be shared I'd rather signal a greater interest in a new report source for emails sent and to be part of core Totara.

Cheers
Austen

me
by George Angus - Tuesday, 16 April 2013, 6:43 PM
Group Totara

Hi folks,

This functionality shouldnt be too difficult to implement, Ill file an enhancement bug and it should be avaiable in the not too distant future.

regards,

George.

Peter Tiziani
by Peter Tiziani - Wednesday, 17 April 2013, 1:33 PM

Hi George,

Thank you! What sort of time frame would we be looking at for avaialability?

Thanks,

Peter

me
by George Angus - Wednesday, 17 April 2013, 8:51 PM
Group Totara

Hi Peter,

The devs are all pretty much focussed on getting 2.4 out over the next few days, but I think it will be predicated on that so sooner rather than later is all I can say at the moment.

G.

Peter Tiziani
by Peter Tiziani - Tuesday, 28 May 2013, 1:11 PM

Hi George, any update on this request? Also, I would imaged we'd have to upgrade to 2.4 for this feature?

Thanks,

Peter

me
by George Angus - Tuesday, 28 May 2013, 9:41 PM
Group Totara

Hi Peter,

This feature will be included in the 2.5 release Sept/Oct. We have a huge number of competing feature requests and a heavy workload to get through. Please accept my apologies for wrongly giving the impression the work would be completed sooner. 

regards,

George.