Best practice forum (Archived)

Account Creation Dates

Peter Tiziani
Account Creation Dates
by Peter Tiziani - Monday, 20 May 2013, 2:03 PM

Hi,

We are using email-based self registration on our site. Is is possible for me to set a date range for when new accounts were created?

I am familiar with bulk user actions where it allows me to check "first accessed" and "before".

Or is there a better method in the totara reports section?

Essentially, I am looking for the most exact why to report on new accounts/enrollments on a quarterly basis.

Thanks,

Peter

Craig Eves
Re: Account Creation Dates
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 20 May 2013, 2:36 PM
Group Totara

Hi Peter

Using the bulk action and first accessed and inputting after and before dates for first access provides info on when someone first accesses the system rather than when they are enrolled.

There is a report source Site Logs that can be used to record enrolments using the Advanced filter of Action contains enrol. There isn't a filter for date so this would need to be exported into a spreadsheet to filter by date, This provides a record for each course enrolled in so can be used to show site wide course enrolments.

regards

Craig

Peter Tiziani
by Peter Tiziani - Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 7:29 AM

Hi Craig,

Thank you for this information. Could you provide me with the path to access these logs? I am not quite sure where to find them.

Thanks,
Peter

Peter Tiziani
by Peter Tiziani - Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 7:03 PM

I am familiar with the site logs and the live logs, but accessing the specific logs you are talking about I'm not sure how to do. Any assistance would be fantastic!

Thanks!

me
by George Angus - Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 8:08 PM
Group Totara

Hi folks,

Site admin>reports> 

Also 

Site admin>reports> reportbuilder>manage reports>  Then at the foot of the page you can specify Site logs as a report source.

Cheers,

George.

Peter Tiziani
by Peter Tiziani - Tuesday, 28 May 2013, 1:51 PM

Hi George,

I have gone in an created a custom report with the using the site logs. When I filter by the action of "course enol", I get just 30 names.

We currently have over 300 enrolled in our audience. Any reason why the "course enrol" filter does not bring up the actual amout of users? Again, my goal is to be able to filter out new accounts from my audience using the "couse enrol" action. This would be the user first access to the system. 

Or does it make sense for me to just use the bulk user action function and filter by "first access" and "last access"

Thanks,

Peter

Yuliya Bozhko
by Yuliya Bozhko - Tuesday, 28 May 2013, 9:51 PM

Hi Peter,

It probably would be easier to use 'first access'. Because site log only shows the actions that users do. Enrollment can happen through cron and in this case there will be no 'course enrol' action in site logs.

Yuliya