Best practice forum (Archived)

Restoring a course - should it include enrolment methods?

Michelle Ames
Restoring a course - should it include enrolment methods?
by Michelle Ames - Tuesday, 4 June 2013, 2:00 AM
Group Partners

Hello

One of our clients is using the backup and restore functionality (2.2.18) & has queried the fact that the restored course only shows "Manual enrolment" - should it not also restore with any other enrolment methods that the original course had (our client has all courses set to "approval" or "no approval" required)?

Backup settings are attached.

Also, it is a local hr manager role doing the backup and restore, rather than main site admin, so the local hr manager ends up enrolled into the restored course by manual enrolment - meaning they always show up in reports as a user on that course. I assume there is no way to avoid this?

Thanks for your advice,

Michelle

me
Re: Restoring a course - should it include enrolment methods?
by George Angus - Wednesday, 5 June 2013, 6:33 PM
Group Totara

Hi Michelle,

I couldnt recreate the Enrolement Methods problem, could I see a screenshot of the General backup defaults? Also if you search for "restore" you will see the "Restorers' role in courses" setting - could you have a look at that?

regards,

George.

This forum post has been removed
Thursday, 6 June 2013, 1:13 AM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Michelle Ames
by Michelle Ames - Thursday, 6 June 2013, 9:32 AM
Group Partners

Hi George, in addition to Stephanie's comments, here is a screenshot of the general backup settings as requested. Many thanks, Michelle

Michelle Ames
by Michelle Ames - Thursday, 6 June 2013, 9:34 AM
Group Partners

Also a screenshot of the restorers role as requested, it is set to Global Trainer

me
by George Angus - Sunday, 9 June 2013, 8:27 PM
Group Totara

Hi Michelle,

Im not having any problems this end with the restore - I think the issue must lie with the permissions the Global Trainer has, also I didnt have any problems with the custom enrolment method. The Manual Enrolment issue is to do with how the role was originally enrolled in the course. I think in order to get to the bottom of this it would be useful if I could have sight of the settings for the roles involved, and the custom enrolment settings.

regards,

George.

Michelle Ames
by Michelle Ames - Tuesday, 18 June 2013, 3:15 AM
Group Partners

Thanks for your help George. Please let me know where to find exactly what you need.

I've attached a document showing the permissions set for both Local HR Manager and Global Trainer. We only have Local HR Managers on the site so is it that they gain the Global Trainer role when they backup and restore courses?

Let me know what else you need. Thanks again, Michelle

Yuliya Bozhko
by Yuliya Bozhko - Thursday, 20 June 2013, 7:30 PM

Hi Stephanie,

Regarding your enrolment methods question. I was looking through Moodle docs at http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Enrolment_plugins and apparently before Moodle 2.4 enrolment plugins supported only manual and self enrolments on backup and restore. If you had any customised enrolment methods in Totara 2.2 (which is based on Moodle 2.2), they wouldn't not be restored.

Yuliya