Best practice forum (Archived)

disable Program Welcome email

? ?
disable Program Welcome email
by ? ? - Tuesday, 2 July 2013, 6:57 AM

The Program messages system is great, but can it be switched off?

We have thousands of users about to be assigned to 20 programs. They know this will happen; they do not need 20 emails each so we would like to disable the welcome messages. We thought that blanking the message would do it, but they just get a blank email. We also can not temporarily disable emailing site-wide because people might come and go anytime through audience assignments.

thanks
Alan 

me
Re: disable Program Welcome email
by George Angus - Tuesday, 2 July 2013, 9:03 PM
Group Totara

Hi Alan,

Switching off the Program messaging isnt possible at present, but Im given to understand the fix is reasonably straightforward and should be ready for the next release.

regards,

George.

? ?
by ? ? - Wednesday, 3 July 2013, 7:29 AM

Thanks, we're hacking the code as a workaround but will look out for updates.

me
by George Angus - Wednesday, 3 July 2013, 2:19 PM
Group Totara

Hi Alan,

Ive linked this thread to the enhancement request so you'll be notified in due course.

cheers,

George.

? ?
by ? ? - Friday, 4 October 2013, 2:39 AM

Hi George

Did this get included yet? I can't find any related settings in latest Totara.

thanks

Alan

Boss
by Mike Buono - Friday, 4 October 2013, 4:45 AM

Users should have the ability to Delete & Add the ENROLMENT MESSAGE and the EXCEPTION REPORT MESSAGE within a Program. These emails are sent instantly so there is very little flexibility in the order with which a Program is setup.  e.g. if Program Assignments are defined before Messages (as the order of these tabs implies, from left-to-right), then users will be sent a potentially undesired "Welcome" email! Plus, the email is only in PLAIN TEXT (confirmed by Yuliya here: https://totara.community/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=17565), which is also quite restricting.

Our requirements were to enrol an Audience of users on a Program with a few required courses, and accompany this with a fancy "Welcome to the program..." email that includes our corporate font and colours, and a hyperlink direct to the learning dashboard page. The closest we can get, instead, is sending the [duplicated!] "You have been enrolled..." PLAIN TEXT email from Totara, then email our fancy email supplement, which is just not desirable.

me
by George Angus - Monday, 7 October 2013, 7:47 PM
Group Totara

Hi folks,

There will be improved functionality around progra messaging in 2.5 (due end of the month).

regards,

George.