Best practice forum (Archived)

Full screen embedded presentation

Sarah Cao
Full screen embedded presentation
by Sarah Cao - Friday, 26 July 2013, 2:29 PM

I have a Google Presentation embedded on a course on 2.2.19, and for some reason, the full screen button for it is not working. All of the other slide buttons can be clicked on.

I thought it might be a browser or presentation setting, but the same embed code works on other 2.2 versions before and after it, and also on 2.4. I've also checked the multimedia settings to see if there was anything in there that would fix this.

I'm sure I'm missing something—is there another setting that's blocking full screen, or is there another factor at play?

Here's the embed code I used:

<p><iframe src="https://docs.google.com/presentation/embed?id=1N8MDFKrhXnUqp6KRWbO4ZryWmIBsoQBApCCH2LFx2P8&amp;start=false&amp;loop=false&amp;delayms=3000" frameborder="0" width="380" height="316" allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true"></iframe></p>

me
Re: Full screen embedded presentation
by George Angus - Monday, 29 July 2013, 7:10 PM
Group Totara

Hi Sarah,

This is a bug, what you are doing is correct.

regards,

George.

Sarah Cao
by Sarah Cao - Tuesday, 30 July 2013, 7:17 AM

Thanks George, is it a version-specific bug that will be solved by updating to 2.2.20?

me
by George Angus - Tuesday, 30 July 2013, 8:58 PM
Group Totara

Hi Sarah,

Yes it will - but you may as well go to 2.2.21"

regards,

George.

Sarah Cao
by Sarah Cao - Thursday, 1 August 2013, 8:50 AM

Hi George, we updated to 2.2.20 and are still having this issue... we updated another server simultaneously to 2.2.20 and it doesn't have this issue. Is it a setting that's being overlooked and not a bug?

me
by George Angus - Thursday, 1 August 2013, 2:44 PM
Group Totara

Hi Sarah,

I tested this on 2.2.20 with the supplied embed code and it worked, with the default settings int the multimedia plugins. Can you send me screenshots of the settings in site admin>filters>   of all three? 

Also can you tell me which browser you are using? This might have some relevance:

https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2375082?hl=en

regards,

George.

Sarah Cao
by Sarah Cao - Friday, 2 August 2013, 9:00 AM

Hi George,

Here are screenshots of the instance with the issue and the instance that's working, respectively:

I'm using Google Chrome, and while at first I thought it was a browser issue, I accessed both instances within the same browser and it doesn't make sense why one works and one doesn't when they are both on 2.2.20. I'm thinking it's either the config somewhere or something else, but I've tried matching the multimedia plugins settings to the working one and it didn't work.

Yuliya Bozhko
by Yuliya Bozhko - Sunday, 4 August 2013, 7:28 PM

Hi Sarah,

Where exactly in the course do you embed it? Does your user have the same premissions on both instances?

If you right click anywhere in the browser and select "Inspect element" from the context menu, do you see any javascript errors? Like:

I am trying to figure out what can be different, but can't think of anything else at the moment.

Yuliya

Sarah Cao
by Sarah Cao - Wednesday, 7 August 2013, 8:10 AM

Hi Yuliya,

I've embedded the same presentation in the main course area and on a page resource, but the results are the same. I am doing this as an admin on both instances. 

I do get that same error, but it occurs on both the working and non-working sites.