Best practice forum (Archived)

This forum discussion has been removed

This forum post has been removed
Saturday, 7 September 2013, 9:21 PM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
me
Re: Hidden courses in programs
by George Angus - Sunday, 8 September 2013, 3:26 PM
Group Totara

Hi John,

Im not 100% sure what you mean here - can you clarify what the course and program dependencies are?

regards,

George.

me
by George Angus - Sunday, 8 September 2013, 3:27 PM
Group Totara

Hi John,

Im not 100% sure what you mean here - can you clarify what the course and program dependencies are?

regards,

George.

Sunday, 8 September 2013, 7:11 PM
me
by George Angus - Sunday, 8 September 2013, 7:41 PM
Group Totara

Hi John,

There isnt really any way of doing this, if we make it possible to hide courses in programs we feel it will create a lot of problems for users and admins further down the line. As a workaround would it not be possible to use a sensible naming convention for the course by using the latest date for example?

regards,

George.

Simon Coggins
by Simon Coggins - Tuesday, 10 September 2013, 9:33 PM
Group Totara

Hi John,

We can't really hide the course in case it creates an impossible situation for the user (imagine a courseset where all courses needed to be completed but one was hidden, or a course set that only contained one item). However we might be able to add a warning message that would indicate that the course was unavailable.

Simon

? ?
by ? ? - Monday, 16 September 2013, 6:50 AM

I have a client who also interpreted the display of hidden courses in a program as a bug. I thought maybe there was some reasoning for it but at least this thread provides some clarification on the matter. I am not necessarily arguing that hidden courses be made invisible in the programs, though it is the behavior this client expected so I thought it might be helpful to just point out that user's experience.

Tuesday, 17 September 2013, 9:00 AM