Best practice forum (Archived)

Enrollments

Admin Coasit
Enrollments
by Admin Coasit - Monday, 30 September 2013, 4:07 PM

Hi everyone, I have two questions I can't really get out from the manuals.

1) Is it possible to create an enrollment system on Totara? Example: the school offers group courses of a foreign language, and instead of taking phone enrollments we would like to do it on the LMS. I just basically need somewhere where the users go and sign up for courses.

2) We have a huge database of our past enrollments. Is it possible to migrate the database on Totara, so that when I look up the user I see current subscriptions (courses he signed up for on the LMS) and past subscriptions too?

Thank you!

me
Re: Enrollments
by George Angus - Monday, 30 September 2013, 7:22 PM
Group Totara

Hi Fredrico,

1) Should be straightfoward just put the list of available courses on the from page (Front page settings), but users would need profiles already created if you wanted to track them.

2) There is a discussion here which may be useful :https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=144997 but its not possible to enroll past enrolments as yet, though I believe it is being looked at at.

regards,

George.

Admin Coasit
by Admin Coasit - Monday, 30 September 2013, 7:38 PM

Thank you very much for your reply! But sorry I forgot to mention that I am talking about face 2 face courses. Therefore, if we have f2f courses, I would need a booking system on the LMS.

me
by George Angus - Monday, 30 September 2013, 7:55 PM
Group Totara

Hi Federica,

Yes - there is a booking system all there - its all very configurable and all the Learner needs to do is "sign up" for a session, by clicking on the appropriate course. So the date, place, numbers etc all be set.

There is some guidance here

regards,

George.