Best practice forum (Archived)

Site policy is blank for new users

Sarah Cao
Site policy is blank for new users
by Sarah Cao - Monday, 7 October 2013, 3:23 PM

I am running into an issue where the site policy is not appearing for new users upon login (on 2.2.20). They are hesitant to continue and agree to a policy that they cannot see. I've visited the url it should link to, and it is up and working fine.  

I've had existing users visit the LMS page containing the policy (at the url ending in /user/policy.php) and some are able to view it—including myself and another admin—while some cannot. Could this be a browser issue? It is happening to all new users before a large rollout, so I am looking to resolve this quickly. 

Thanks,

Sarah

me
Re: Site policy is blank for new users
by George Angus - Monday, 7 October 2013, 7:21 PM
Group Totara

Hi Sarah,

Can you tell me what browser you are using? 

thanks,

George.

Sarah Cao
by Sarah Cao - Tuesday, 8 October 2013, 6:43 AM

Hi George, I was on Chrome Version 29.0.1547.76 m when I was able to see it, but I just updated to Version 30.0.1599.69 and am no longer able to see it, so it appears to be a browser issue. 

I was able to view it after by clicking on the shield next to the zoom and bookmark icons, to "load unsafe script" for that page and display the policy again. The policy is a frame with content from a non-https page, while the LMS is on a secure subdomain. 

What is the best workaround for the moment, a separate html file uploaded to the same domain?

Thanks,

Sarah

me
by George Angus - Wednesday, 9 October 2013, 6:34 PM
Group Totara

Hi Sarah,

I think your suggestion is probably the best option, there isnt a lot we can do about these settings in the browser.

regards,

George.