Best practice forum (Archived)

All attendees removed

Andrea Gregory (Gordon)
All attendees removed
by Andrea Gregory (Gordon) - Friday, 25 October 2013, 5:10 AM

Hi All

Has anyone ever come across this issue? Here is the scenario...

The max. capacity for a face-to-face session (that was over so booking now closed) was 100 with approx. 27 on the waiting list. The capacity was then increased to 150 which then moved everyone on the waiting list to the attendee list. So then going to marking the attendance... Those who had been on the waiting list who hadn't attended (as we don't want it to show on their profile as a 'No Show' as they didn't have the option to attend) were then removed from the attendees list manually. 

Add/remove attendees again to add those who had attended the course but hadn't booked. About 4 in total. When these users were added to the left hand side, and save clicked... the screen then shows 'No users have signed up for this session'.

For some reason it removed everyone from the list and it looks like most of them have been moved to the cancellation list. 

Any ideas on this? The room capacity was higher than the number of attendees that were attempted to be added and saved.

Thank you. The version of Totara that is running is Version 2.4.10 (Build: 20130917.00)

Andrea

me
Re: All attendees removed
by George Angus - Monday, 28 October 2013, 3:11 PM
Group Totara

Hi Andrea,

Can you send me screenshots of the Enrolment methods in course admin, the 'No users have signed up for this session' message?

Cheers,

G.

Andrea Gregory (Gordon)
by Andrea Gregory (Gordon) - Tuesday, 29 October 2013, 7:26 AM

Hi George. 

Yes, please see attached.

Thank you

Andrea

me
by George Angus - Tuesday, 29 October 2013, 3:31 PM
Group Totara

Hi Andrea,

Im having a spot of bother recreating this - are you aboslutely certain you are adding the users and saving?

cheers,

George.

Andrea Gregory (Gordon)
by Andrea Gregory (Gordon) - Wednesday, 30 October 2013, 9:44 AM

Hi George

I think we have found the issue.

When you save the updated list of users, it sends a GET request to the server. One of the parameters for this query is a comma-separated lists of userids who should be attending the session (attendees=30,82,86,100,146 ...). 

The default for the Suhosin PHP security module is to block any GET parameters that have values longer than 512 characters long. We tried adding users so that the total length of the attendees parameter was 604 characters. This is likely to result in the parameter being discarded on a production server. 

If the attendees parameter is not included, then the code assumes that no users should be attending, so it cancels all existing bookings. 

So to fix, relaxing the suhosin security restrictions on GET value length (doubling to 1024) is hopefully enough. :-)

Thanks

Andrea 

me
by George Angus - Wednesday, 30 October 2013, 6:23 PM
Group Totara

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for spotting this.... and solving it. Ive filed a bug and someone will be in touch in due course.

cheers,

George.