Best practice forum (Archived)

Grading - Offline Assignment undo

Renee Tregonning
Grading - Offline Assignment undo
by Renee Tregonning - Sunday, 27 October 2013, 10:53 PM

(currently Totara v1)

I am currently using an offline assignment to mark off a learner's completion. I accidently marked the wrong learner and then when in to fix the score to = No grade however the Course Completion report is still marking them complete even though they dont have a grade?

The completion settings are for the course to = 100% plus the learner to receive a mark from the Trainer.

Is there anything I can do to undo the completion status? Have I missed something.

me
Re: Grading - Offline Assignment undo
by George Angus - Monday, 28 October 2013, 7:32 PM
Group Totara

Hi Renee,

The only way to change the completion status would be to unenroll the Learner from the course or edit the database directly.

regards,

George.

Richard Jones
by Richard Jones - Wednesday, 30 October 2013, 6:31 PM

Hi George

Just to clarify, we are finding that unenrolling the Learner does not delete the completion record and only a database change can do this.  

We were trying to access the course completion table to show users and managers completion status on a wiki page.  We find that once a user has entered a course, the record incomplete remains, even if they had not meant to enroll or the requirement for the learner to take the course was withdrawn when they had already started.

I assume this is expected behaviour?

Being able to remove a completion record as an admin would be awesome but possibly counter the philosophy ;)

Thanks

Richard

me
by George Angus - Wednesday, 30 October 2013, 6:41 PM
Group Totara

Hi Richard,

What I meant was the course data will no longer appear in the users record of learning, but the records will still be in the database. Course completion records are designed to be difficult to alter.

cheers,

George.

Richard Jones
by Richard Jones - Wednesday, 30 October 2013, 6:58 PM

Thanks George

Makes sense.  We will review our own thinking on reporting course and program completion.

Richard

Renee Tregonning
by Renee Tregonning - Wednesday, 30 October 2013, 7:01 PM

Hi George and Richard.

So to confirm - if a mistake is made it can only be undone by our tech people? I am a system Administrator however I would not have access unless I'm able to play with code?

This is a big issue for us, a person might be enrolled and still require completion however they have been incorrectly marked so Unenrolment is not an option. I thought if the person does not meet the completion criteria the completion status will undo... e.g. Course Completion = User must receive 100%. They accidently were marked 100% then their grade was updated to 0% however they still have the Completion Status?

Let me know if there is anything we are able to do.

Renee

me
by George Angus - Wednesday, 30 October 2013, 7:54 PM
Group Totara

Hi Renee,

I agree this isnt perfect, Ill submit an enhancement bug for this. I think it should be possible to import historical Course Completion data in 2.5 and overwrite the required records.

regards,

George.

Renee Tregonning
by Renee Tregonning - Wednesday, 30 October 2013, 11:03 PM

No worries - thanks George. We are upgrading shortly to Totara 2 so will hopefully see some improvements here.