Best practice forum (Archived)

Automated Notifications

Steph Wild
Automated Notifications
by Steph Wild - Tuesday, 22 October 2013, 3:05 AM
Group Learn Site Administrator

Hi,

I want to start using automated notifications from our site - having tested it, when the learner received the notification the 'Accept', 'Tentative' & 'Decline' buttons are greyed out so they cannot click to automatically insert into their Outlook calendars.

Has anyone else come across this, am I missing something is settings?  Hoping for abit of help - thanks.

Steph

me
Re: Automated Notifications
by George Angus - Tuesday, 22 October 2013, 6:57 PM
Group Totara

Hi Steph,

Can you tell me which version of Outlook & Totara you are using?

thanks,

George.

Steph Wild
by Steph Wild - Friday, 25 October 2013, 1:15 AM

Hi George,

Thanks for the response, I'm using Totara 2.4.5 and Outlook 2003 SP3.  Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Steph

Steph Wild
by Steph Wild - Monday, 28 October 2013, 4:44 AM

Hi George,

Have you have a chance to look at this?  I want to implement automatic notifications for all our learners and this is holding us up?

Many thanks - Steph

Daniel Bond
by Daniel Bond - Thursday, 5 December 2013, 7:19 AM
Group Most helpful contributor 2023

Hi,

Did you ever get a resolution for this? In the past we've definitely had this working, but it now seems to have stopped so that all we get is the "Meeting cannot be found in the calendar" and only the option of "Remove from Calendar" not "Accept" or "Reject". http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7578239/ics-email-attachment-not-working-for-exchange-users appears to have some suggestions, but I have no idea if the Totara email is a Multipart MIME Message or whether it's just an Outlook issue.

Dan

me
by George Angus - Thursday, 5 December 2013, 2:40 PM
Group Totara

Hi,

Sorry for the delay - we are aware of this issue and are looking into it - we hope to have a resolution in the next 2.4 release.

regards,

George. 

? ?
by ? ? - Thursday, 5 December 2013, 5:20 PM

Hi folks,

On further investigation I've uncovered problems with the iCals which were introduced in 2.4, I have patches for 2.4 and 2.5 currently in testing and will update this thread when the patch is ready for release.

David Curry (Core Developer)
by David Curry (Core Developer) - Tuesday, 10 December 2013, 2:23 PM
Group Totara

Hey,

Just to let you know that Ciaran's patch was included in yesterdays release of Totara 2.5.3 and has been merged in ready for the next 2.4 release Totara 2.4.15 which should be released next Tuesday the 17th of December.

Cheers,
David

Steph Wild
by Steph Wild - Wednesday, 11 December 2013, 1:58 AM

Thanks David that's really good news

Steph