Best practice forum (Archived)

Trainers/Admins and quizing

Roland Reedy
Trainers/Admins and quizing
by Roland Reedy - Friday, 6 December 2013, 7:13 AM

Is there a way to ensure that when a trainer/admin takes a quiz the score will be recorded?   We've been working towards enabling completion settings and testing has been difficult due to trainer/admin quizes not actually being recorded (they both quiz in 'preview mode'). 

On Completion Progress page, it shows that a grade has been achieved, but completion credit has not been granted.  

Help?

This forum post has been removed
Friday, 6 December 2013, 9:50 AM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Roland Reedy
Re: Trainers/Admins and quizing
by Roland Reedy - Tuesday, 10 December 2013, 5:45 AM

I am an admin in our system, and enrolled myself into a course as a learner.  When I take the quizes, I am not receiving credit for them.   We've tested with a variety of our test users as well, with varying levels of 'power'.   Our general learners have no problems with receiving credit.  When we get into trainers and admin (users with the ability to edit courses), we find there is difficulty in actually receiving credit for the quiz.  

me
Re: Trainers/Admins and quizing
by George Angus - Tuesday, 10 December 2013, 5:46 PM
Group Totara

Hi Roland,

The problem here is the capabilities the Trainer and admin roles have when it comes to marking courses - they have the ability to mark the courses as passed regardless of their actual score - so the roles are not graded. A workaround might be to create other accounts for them when it comes to taking courses.

hope this is useful,

regards,

George.