Best practice forum (Archived)

Program progress indicator not filling in

Matthew Lee
Program progress indicator not filling in
by Matthew Lee - Monday, 21 October 2013, 2:37 PM

Hi everyone. We are working with a Totara site and the program "overall" progress indicator is not filling in. The individual courses within the program all show progress but the overall indicator is not filling in, even in programs that are completed. We think we know why, but we aren't sure if this is by design or a bug. The students who are not getting progress to show up are enrolled in a program that contains courses that they are also individually enrolled in. Some are courses that they were enrolled in prior to the program being set up while others were started once the program was initiated, but in some cases they just access the course directly and not from the main program dashboard. It seems that if courses are not launched from the program dashboard then they do not get reflected in the overall progress of the course. As far as we can see in our testing, any courses accessed and completed from the program dashboard are adding to the completion progress indicator. Can anyone tell me if what we are seeing is the way its supposed to work? If so, is there a work around to get courses accessed outside the program to show up in the programs progress?

thanks

Matt

me
Re: Program progress indicator not filling in
by George Angus - Monday, 21 October 2013, 7:35 PM
Group Totara

Hi Matt,

Are you certain this isnt a cron issue?

cheers,

George.

This forum post has been removed
Monday, 21 October 2013, 8:12 PM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Matthew Lee
by Matthew Lee - Tuesday, 22 October 2013, 7:15 AM

Thank you for the responses. We will try some of these.

Best

Matt

Wen Hao Chuang
by Wen Hao Chuang - Friday, 4 September 2015, 11:55 AM

I accidentally found this thread..

Hmm this is interesting. We will be upgrading to 2.5.30 soon (still on 2.5.x).

So by moving the "Program" enrollment plugin on the top (over the Manual enrollments"), would that change the current behavior? Here is our current setting:

What we are trying to resolve is to make sure that upon "program enrollment," it would also trigger the "course enrollment" without the user actually touch (launch) the course within the program dashboard.

Currently, close to 100% of our users are using Oauth2 for authentication method, and for program assignment, we usually do it thru "individual" assignment or dynamic/static audience assignment. We do not enroll users at the "course" level (I think that's what the "Manual enrollments" stand for)... So if I move the Program enrollment plugin to the top, would that change the current behavior? Thanks!

me
by George Angus - Monday, 21 October 2013, 8:56 PM
Group Totara

Hi Matt,

There is some discussion around the issue here https://totara.community/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=16464#p12570 but Ill look into this further and get back to you tomorrow.

cheers,

George.