Best practice forum (Archived)

My Learning page

Liz Katz
My Learning page
by Liz Katz - Friday, 22 November 2013, 1:47 PM

Hello,

I'm preparing my Totara site for launch. I will be importing users from an existing Moodle site into the new Totara one. I'd like all my users to have a My Learning page on the new site that best features the new functionality Totara offers.

This requries moving the blocks around on the My Learning page as well as adding and deleting existing ones. I haven't found a way to make these types of changes and have them apply to existing users My Learning pages.  Moodle docs only explain how to add a block to the right or left regions for existing users--not how to move, delete, or add blocks to the center column. 

I've tried making changes to the My Learning page before I import my users; however, since they have already had a My Home page in Moodle, the imported users don't get the updated layout.

This seems to me like something many people would want to do when they upgrade to Totara's functionality... particularly with how My Learning is a primary menu. What have other people done in this situation? 

Liz

me
Re: My Learning page
by George Angus - Sunday, 24 November 2013, 6:09 PM
Group Totara

Hi Liz,

If Learners have previously edited the My learning page then changing the template will not change their page, however since you launching a new site then none of the learners will have edited the page, so you can allocate the blocks on the My learning page as you wish.

hope this is useful,

regards,

George.