Best practice forum (Archived)

Unhide icon not working - cannot get topics to be seen

Rob Bloor
Unhide icon not working - cannot get topics to be seen
by Rob Bloor - Thursday, 12 December 2013, 7:39 AM

Hi

We had a course set up prior to a 2.5.1 upgrade that had hidden topics.  Going in and editing it we’ve found the “eye” will not allow us to unhide the topics.  However we can unhide it under topic settings.  All looks OK from our point of view, but users cannot see the new unhidden topics.  As this is a “real world” live example it is stopping out students from accessing the next part of their course.  Help.

me
Re: Unhide icon not working - cannot get topics to be seen
by George Angus - Thursday, 12 December 2013, 6:52 PM
Group Totara

Hi Rob,

What version did you upgrade from?

regards,

George.

Rob Bloor
by Rob Bloor - Monday, 16 December 2013, 5:12 AM

Hi George

It was 2.4.7 I believe.  I have re-created the topics affected and moved those hidden ones into a new topic and the icon then works.  A bit of a pain as a workaround, but thought this may help?

Rob

Ciaran Irvine (Core Developer)
by Ciaran Irvine (Core Developer) - Monday, 16 December 2013, 8:57 PM

Hi Rob,

I've not been able to reproduce this. Did this affect only one course? Changing visibility of sections requires the capability 'moodle/course:sectionvisibility' in the course context, you should check if editing teachers and admins have that capability in your system.

Also maybe have a look at the visibility settings of each activity/resource in the section. Maybe the system is somehow trying to toggle a hidden section with visible modules, and so is then setting the section to visible but hiding the modules?