Best practice forum (Archived)

Program time

Andrea Gregory (Gordon)
Program time
by Andrea Gregory (Gordon) - Thursday, 22 August 2013, 9:15 AM

Hi Everyone :)

We have a US based client who has set up a Program with;
Minimum Time Required = No Time Limit

Whenever you try to assign a time to an individual it will not allow you to give them a time in the future. If you pick/type a date from the date picker It gives the error in the browser 'please select a date in the correct format mm/dd/yyyy'

Is this a bug or is there something being missed?

Thank you!
Andrea
me
Re: Program time
by George Angus - Thursday, 22 August 2013, 2:36 PM
Group Totara

Hi Andrea,

Im pretty sure this it to do with language packs, can you check the US language pack is installed - Site admin>Language>Language packs.

regards,

George.

Sarah Cao
by Sarah Cao - Thursday, 22 August 2013, 3:00 PM

I'm having the same issue on 2.2.20 and it does appear language pack-related. It doesn't allow you to select or type the date in DD/MM/YY or MM/DD/YY format in en_us, but works fine in en. 

me
by George Angus - Thursday, 22 August 2013, 7:31 PM
Group Totara

Hi,

I can recreate this by clicking on the "Set fixed completion date" without putting a date in, or without clicking on the calendar to enter a date. I think the design is a bit misleading and Ive put in an enhancement bug.

regards,

George.

Andrea Gregory (Gordon)
by Andrea Gregory (Gordon) - Friday, 23 August 2013, 1:36 AM

Hi George

Thanks very much for this! Much appreciated :-)

Andrea

Sarah Cao
by Sarah Cao - Wednesday, 11 December 2013, 8:10 AM

Hi George,

Will this bug be fixed in the en_us language pack soon? We are looking to update our client from 2.2 to 2.5 and this is one of the issues that they've previously brought up. 

Best,

Sarah

me
by George Angus - Wednesday, 11 December 2013, 2:43 PM
Group Totara

Hi Sarah,

Have you updated your language pack to the latest version?  It should be fixed.

regards,

George.

Sarah Cao
by Sarah Cao - Thursday, 12 December 2013, 12:41 PM

Hi George,

I updated the language pack and cleared the cache. It works sometimes but not always, even on the same program if I navigate to another tab then back to assignments. 

In Set Completion, I can select the date in the calendar, but clicking on "Set fixed completion date" gives me the popup "Please enter a valid date in the format mm/dd/yy."

Best,

Sarah

me
by George Angus - Thursday, 12 December 2013, 3:08 PM
Group Totara

Sarah,

Just to be clear Sarah - are you selecting the date in the date picker then clicking ""Set fixed completion date"? 

cheers,

George.