Best practice forum (Archived)

Upgrade to 2.5 Broke my Logo based on Custom Totara

A Eisenberg
Re: Upgrade to 2.5 Broke my Logo based on Custom Totara
by Alan Eisenberg - Wednesday, 18 December 2013, 4:40 AM

Hi Ciaran:

I ended up doing just that and using the Custom Totara 2.5 theme and updating it with my code updates from 2.4. As I said, I think that the fact that Custom Totara does not have the LAYOUT folder and that you must add that from Standard Totara creates a bit of an issue.

It would seem to me that people would want to change (especially those of us that are 508 compliancy and disability conscious) to the Layouts, because they are not fully compliant (LOGO in particular, see that alt=logo will not pace a compliance test).

So, I went and copied the new 2.5 custom totara, applied my old CSS, brought in the layouts from my standard totara, updated the layouts and my CSS as needed and got it working. But again, I think any instructions, particularly on theme cloning, would be helpful. Things like knowing where to add the CSS in the config.php and how the order works is important I would think.

As we get into responsive themes in the near future with Totara (I hope), this will become more critical. While many of the companies probably have great PHP people, I know some have designers that need to know only what they need to know to clone and update a layout.

Any and all help to get directions to do so, particularly when an upgrade affects a layout like 2.5 did. Thanks for all the help. Let me know if there are plans to help people by creating some cloning directions specific for Totara Custom, etc.

b/r,

Alan