Best practice forum (Archived)

Customise My Learning

Admin Coasit
Customise My Learning
by Admin Coasit - Thursday, 18 July 2013, 5:00 PM

Hi there, does anyone know if it's possible to customise the tab My Learning and how to hide learning plans or even the option to make learning plans? I am not using learning plans at the moment and I don't want the students to see that option. Is there a way to deny the students the management of their learning plans?

Thank you!

me
Re: Customise My Learning
by George Angus - Thursday, 18 July 2013, 9:03 PM
Group Totara

Hi Federica,

The only way at present to remove the tab would be for your partner to edit the code, although I believe there has been some previous discussion around this issue - Ill put in an enhancement request for it. 

If you go into the Learning plan and hide all the Component Settings, go to Custom workflow>Advanced settings & set all the Plan permissions for the Learner to "Deny" this will effective close the Learning plan functionality down from the user's perspective.

regards,

George.

Ciaran Irvine (Core Developer)
Re: Customise My Learning
by Ciaran Irvine (Core Developer) - Monday, 6 January 2014, 9:14 PM

We've made a start to adding this functionality with today's (7th January 2014) release of Totara 2.5.5. The ability to hide Appraisals, 360Feedback, Hierarchies and Learning Plans is now configurable from the new "Site Administration -> Totara features" link.