Best practice forum (Archived)

This forum discussion has been removed

This forum post has been removed
Wednesday, 15 January 2014, 12:57 PM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
me
Re: Face-to-face export not working
by George Angus - Wednesday, 15 January 2014, 1:46 PM
Group Totara

Hi Liz,

There is very clearly something not quite right going on here - I very strongly suspect this is a bug, Ill raise it with the devs and someone will be in touch shortly - thanks for bringing this to our attention.

regards,

George.

David Curry (Core Developer)
by David Curry (Core Developer) - Wednesday, 15 January 2014, 1:50 PM
Group Totara

Hey Liz,

The setting you added fields to are included in the file if you export from the "view all sessions" page, there is also a lot more default information about the facetoface session in that export. Exporting from the attendees page only includes the information shown in the table above the button, I have a feeling this is for printing out forms for taking attendance on paper rather than extracting information.

I agree it is a little confusing though as it sounds like they should do the same thing, I'll look into it further. In the mean time exporting from the view all sessions page and filtering rows based on the room/date should give you what you want.

Cheers,
David

? ?
by ? ? - Monday, 20 January 2014, 9:11 PM

A fix for this issue was included in today's (21st January 2014) release of Totara 2.5.6

Tuesday, 21 January 2014, 11:27 AM
Sunday, 26 January 2014, 9:19 AM
David Curry (Core Developer)
by David Curry (Core Developer) - Sunday, 26 January 2014, 7:39 PM
Group Totara

Hey Liz,

Apologies that made it sound like the patch changed the functionality of the download, what the patch does is change the language around it to make its purpose clearer. I talked about it with the facetoface maintainer and that download is an attendance sheet and it's doing exactly what it is supposed to do, print out a simple form with the name and status of signed up users for a trainer to print out and take attendance with. The download containing all the information you are looking for is still the one from the view all sessions page with some filtering/sorting into sessions after the download.

Sorry about the confusion,
David

Monday, 10 February 2014, 8:01 PM