Best practice forum (Archived)

Certificates - uploading legacy data

Rob Bloor
Certificates - uploading legacy data
by Rob Bloor - Wednesday, 15 January 2014, 5:08 AM

Hi

Can anyone help with this nuance.  We want to use certification for 15,000 staff and have a lot of legacy data and need it to work both retrospectively and going forward.

We’ve decided that initial certification and recertification courses to be the same but we’ve added a course to the initial certification called “legacy data”.  If I upload both course completion data and certification data (same as course completion) before I add audiences then those with data get added to the certificate as individuals.  If I then delete these individuals and then add the audience when I get the exceptions for those who have completed I ignore everything works great.

The other scenario of setting the audience and then uploading completion data doesn’t seem to work.

This second option however, is what we need to do as we want to set all certificates and audiences up before uploading legacy data.

Any help in terms of doing the right steps in the right way or is this how it works.

Many thanks

Rob

This forum post has been removed
Thursday, 16 January 2014, 2:34 AM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Steph Wild
Re: Certificates - uploading legacy data
by Steph Wild - Thursday, 16 January 2014, 4:23 AM
Group Learn Site Administrator

Hi Rob/Alistair,

So.. what happens when we use a dynamic audience and someone is added to a certification who's history has not been uploaded to that certificate?

Rob Bloor
Re: Certificates - uploading legacy data
by Rob Bloor - Thursday, 16 January 2014, 7:27 AM

Hi Alistair

Yes it seems to be what is expected it is just that when they do not exist all the completion data expected renewals etc are correct.  If they are added as an audience and then data imported it doesn't seem to record it correctly.  I get different exceptions and such data as exepected renewal etc. is not present.  Also as stated we want to set up audiences before importing legacy data.

Rob