Best practice forum (Archived)

Bug: Unable to resolve certification exceptions/delete organization assignments

Liz Katz
Bug: Unable to resolve certification exceptions/delete organization assignments
by Liz Katz - Sunday, 26 January 2014, 10:14 AM

Hello,

I am getting a "Time Allowance" exception report for 89 users. The options I am presented with are are: set realistic time allowance, override and add program, dismiss and take no action. I have tried all three options. Each would seem to work, but the next day I'd get the Exception report again.   

I believe the problem is that I assigned these 89 users in two ways--by organization and by cohort (audience). (I resorted to cohorts when organizations weren't working correctly.)

But now I can't delete the organizations. The red x for the organizations and for the Complete dates are unresponsive. (I tried this after Resolving the exceptions as well. )

I'm not sure what impact the Exceptions are having beyond the Alert I'm getting every day.  This is a very important program that receives a lot of attention, so I'm nervous. 

Liz

Ciaran Irvine (Core Developer)
Re: Bug: Unable to resolve certification exceptions/delete organization assignments
by Ciaran Irvine (Core Developer) - Monday, 27 January 2014, 1:44 PM

Just mentioning on the forum that the cause of not being able to delete assignments was a language string customisation that contained a single quote, which broke the javascript on that page. A patch is now in review to make sure the relevant language strings are escaped properly before being passed to javascript.

Moises Burgos
Re: Bug: Unable to resolve certification exceptions/delete organization assignments
by Moises Burgos - Monday, 3 February 2014, 8:08 PM

Hi Liz,

This issue has been fixed in Totara 2.5.7 release. Please let us know if you have any more problems.

Moises