Best practice forum (Archived)

Is there a way of editing the text in a Learning Plan approved message?

Maurice Moore
Is there a way of editing the text in a Learning Plan approved message?
by Maurice Moore - Thursday, 20 February 2014, 3:02 PM

When an LP with Course(s) attached is approved, the participant is not automatically enrolled in the Course(s) until they first attempt to access each course(s). This has caused some confusion as the approved courses are not shown on the Home page (because the enrollment is not complete).

One possible option would be to include a statement in the approval message along the lines ;

"To complete enrollment, click on the link to the course in your learning plan or through the course catalogue"

but to do that we would need to be able to edit the standard message text. Is this possible?

If anyone has an alternative option I'd be pleased to hear it.  (I guess the comment field could be used but that's a bit too manual!)

We are running hosted instance of Totara 2.5.7 so we do not have direct access to the server.

Ciaran Irvine (Core Developer)
Re: Is there a way of editing the text in a Learning Plan approved message?
by Ciaran Irvine (Core Developer) - Thursday, 20 February 2014, 5:34 PM

I think the messages when a Plan component is approved/updated by a Manger are built from the totara_plan strings

componentupdatelongmanager

componentupdatelongmanagerhtml

So you could do a local language customisation on those strings to add more info.

Site Administration -> Language -> Language Customisation