Best practice forum (Archived)

This forum discussion has been removed

This forum post has been removed
Tuesday, 5 March 2013, 1:36 AM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
me
Re: Face-to-Face Courses - Attendance Status
by George Angus - Tuesday, 5 March 2013, 5:34 PM
Group Totara

Hi Patrick,

This would requier some custom work, but a possible workaround would be to use the grader report.

hope this helps,

regards,

George.

Aja Rennie
by Aja Rennie - Tuesday, 18 February 2014, 6:08 AM

I realise this is quite an old thread, but I'm just seconding the notion that options in addition to the three existing attendance choices would be incredibly helpful as we need to document why a delegate didn't attend. I wonder if anyone else has a workaround aside from grader report? -Aja

? ?
by ? ? - Tuesday, 18 February 2014, 8:08 PM

What sort of additional options would people like - and what would be the implications of each - for example at the moment the three options are used by activity and course completion to set a grade (0%, 50%, 100%) for the Facetoface activity if instructors want to make attendance in the Facetoface part of conditional access workflow within the course, or a required condition for course completion.

Adding an optional text field for notes beside each user is more straightforward and I've filed an enhancement request but we would need more discussion around the attendance options - so it would be nice if multiple people chipped in on this thread outlining how the Facetoface module is actually being used out in the real world, and what realistic options it needs if we are going to improve the attendance area of functionality.

Aja Rennie
by Aja Rennie - Wednesday, 19 February 2014, 1:16 AM

I agree, a notes field would be good, and let each organisation set according to their own needs. The key thing for our group would be that the notes could be included in the reporting. I'll check in with some of my local colleagues about how they manage that type of info and if they have any additional feedback I'll report back. Thanks! -Aja

Daniel Bond
by Daniel Bond - Wednesday, 19 February 2014, 6:25 AM
Group Most helpful contributor 2023

From our perspective, it would be useful to have the following:

• A notes field next to each record with the possibility of using either a pre-defined drop-down of reasons or free text (but preference of free text rather than no field at all)
  • The ability for course administrators to set a status of "withdrawn" and a reason rather than simply removing staff from a session (to mirror the functionality of users withdrawing themselves)
  • A drop down of reasons for withdrawal when users withdraw themselves (with the option of allowing free text and making a reason mandatory of not)
  • Ideally, ability to customise the statuses and associated grade at a site as well as activity level. This would obviously have implications for the completion criteria, not sure how that would be worked around, maybe a "any status providing 100%" as an option?

So, not much then!

Thanks for taking suggestions, even if people are going to ask for the world!

Dan

Steph Wild
by Steph Wild - Monday, 24 February 2014, 2:20 AM
Group Learn Site Administrator

Hi,

Yes, from our perspective it would be good to have a status of both 'Excused No Show' & 'Unexcused No Show' both with the ability to add a reason against them and report by reason (preferably I'd like the reason to be a mandatory field but others may not feel the same way).

However it would also be really useful if we could have a free text field to use when the status is 'Booked' just to give us the option of adding extra detail to that particular booking if necessary.  This should not be a mandatory field but the ability to report by it is essential.

It would also be helpful if we could have a course or session Cancellation status which indicates that the course (or session) has been cancelled by the training department.

Thanks

Steph

Thursday, 27 February 2014, 12:49 PM
Daniel Bond
by Daniel Bond - Thursday, 19 June 2014, 1:51 AM
Group Most helpful contributor 2023

Hi,

I know the adding a reportable free text field to cancellation records was discussed a while ago, and the enhancement filed, but is there any update as to its progress? I've just been asked again by our admin team whether this is likely to be in the next version of Totara because it would be very useful (and from the sound of it a fairly simple feature to implement).

Regards

Dan

? ?
by ? ? - Monday, 23 June 2014, 4:04 PM

Hi Dan,

That enhancement has a patch currently in review so is scheduled for 2.7.

Marta Santamaria
by Marta Santamaria - Thursday, 20 February 2014, 1:40 AM

I'd like not grading a F2F activity, how can I achieve this?

Thanks in advance,

Marta

me
by George Angus - Thursday, 20 February 2014, 12:42 PM
Group Totara

Hi Marta,

Facetoface automatically assigns a grade for each learner when you mark attendance on a session that is over. At the moment the grades set are:

0% No Show

50% Partially Attended

100% Fully attended

You can simply ignore those grades if you do not need to use them, or you can use them as requirements for course completion, or to unlock a subsequent activity in the course.

Wednesday, 19 February 2014, 11:34 AM
Rob Bloor
by Rob Bloor - Friday, 21 February 2014, 2:52 AM

Hi

Not sure if this is the right thread but we have been looking at attaching resources to F2F.  we could add custom fields but it may become unwieldy.  One of our requirements is to record F2F tutors.  Could we add them as attendees and then have a drop down option called "tutor".  Just a thought and if there is another thread about F2F resources please direct me.

Regards

Rob

Friday, 21 February 2014, 3:26 AM
? ?
by ? ? - Wednesday, 3 December 2014, 2:03 PM

This feature suggestion has been added to our features and enhancements tracker for review and assessment.  For future reference the enhancement ID is 11840.

I have created a topic in the Suggest features forum here to provide visibility and allow for further discussion if necessary.

This feature / enhancement request has been deemed medium priority and is not currently planned for development by Totara core.

If you wish to pursue this functionality further your options are

• custom development

If you are considering contributing the completed customization back to Totara core, please refer to our guide to contributing code to Totara LMS here and contact Jonathan Newman, our Vice President of Product Solutions.

OR

• provide funding for development by Totara core

If you are considering providing funding for development by Totara core, please contact your Totara Channel Partner Manager to discuss further.

Development priorities are reviewed regularly.  If you wish to escalate your market need for this functionality, please contact your Totara Channel Partner Manager.