Best practice forum (Archived)

La discussione è stata rimossa.

L'intervento è stato rimosso
Friday, 21 February 2014, 05:41
Il contenuto di questo intervento è stato rimosso, non è più possibile visualizzarlo.
? ?
Re: Duplicate programme assignments after users primary position updates
di ? ? - Sunday, 23 February 2014, 13:39

Hi Billy,

I'm not sure I'm following you here, users can be assigned to a program under multiple assignment criteria but it shouldn't make any difference.

Users are not actually enrolled onto courses in a Program when they are assigned to the Program though - assigning them to the program just means they can access the course through the program enrolment plugin (depending on the courseset workflow). They are only actually enrolled, and so completion records are only created, when they try to access the course for the first time.

L'intervento è stato rimosso
Monday, 24 February 2014, 01:48
Il contenuto di questo intervento è stato rimosso, non è più possibile visualizzarlo.
? ?
di ? ? - Monday, 24 February 2014, 18:25

Strange, I'm still not seeing this (on 2.5).

I have a program with three organisation assignments of three different organisations plus "all below". Then I add a user to one of the organisations. The program daily cron adds them to the program.

Then I move the user to another organisation, and when the program daily cron next runs then their assignment under the original organisation is removed and the assignment under the new organisation is added.

Unless...ah yes, if two rules are pointing at organisations in the same branch of the org tree then assignments are added twice. e.g. if Org1 has a child Org2, and then both Org1 and Org2 are added as program assignments with the Org1 rule having the "all below" rule checked, then if a user moves from Org1 to Org2 both rules apply and they end up with two assignments.

I'll see if I can add some extra checks to stop this happening. I suppose we'll also need an upgrade script to clean up any existing duplications...

? ?
di ? ? - Monday, 24 February 2014, 19:37

On further examination the code is supposed to allow multiple assignments, as a particular user may lose access under one rule, but still be included in another, so the Program would still be required learning and so all the potential assignment routes need to be tracked.

The user totals on the Program assignment tab are a bit unclear/misleading, maybe it should make it clearer that there are x distinct unique learners under all the assignment rules.

However I couldn't replicate your completion issues (on 2.5) for users with multiple assignments....is it perhaps the case that an exception is being raised by one of the rules for some of these users? If a user has any outstanding exceptions they won't be enrolled in the program properly and program completion will not be tracked.

Is there a particular screen/report that is not showing program completion when a user has multiple assignments, or is it all the completion progress screens?