Best practice forum (Archived)

Deleted Staff

Suzanne Duncan
Deleted Staff
by Suzanne Duncan - Monday, 24 February 2014, 11:37 AM

Hi, when we migrated to 2.4 we seem to have lost the ability to access deleted staff names prior to the upgrade.  This isn't an issue for us on one level as they are all duplicates and if they disappeared forever that would be OK - when staff leave we just inactivate their account not delete them.  However, they still appear on total staff lists and are a pain in the reports as some of them are still looking like they are members of a current team.  I do know I can filter the report but having to do this is irritating!

Is there any way of accessing the deleted names?  Is there anyway of deleting them permanently?

Thanks

Suzanne

me
Re: Deleted Staff
by George Angus - Monday, 24 February 2014, 5:17 PM
Group Totara

Hi Suzanne,

In the "Browse list of users" there is a filter to search for the deleted users? I'm not sure what you mean when you say you can't access deleted users any more.

On reports though, there is an outstanding enhancement request to allow setting a range of configurations to control how reportbuilder, sync, certifications and other areas handle deleted and suspended users, but for now until that work is completed in reportbuilder you will have to put up with using the filter. It has been delayed because from feedback from multiple partners, everybody seems to want slightly different behaviour so it's more complicated to resolve in a generic way than it initially might appear. But we are working on it.