Best practice forum (Archived)

program enrollment not creating role

Liz Katz
program enrollment not creating role
by Liz Katz - Friday, 21 February 2014, 10:49 AM

Hello,

I have a Program that consists of several classes with each class consisting of one Lesson activity. I have users in certain organizations automatically enrolled in the Program.

When I look at the Activity Report for on class I can see that a user has completed the Lesson activity. However... when I look at the Course Completion report, the user is not given credit for the Activity or having completed the course. 

When I looked at user enrollment I see that while the user was enrolled by the Program, he doesn't have Role in the course. 

Could this be causing my issue?

Is this a bug and how can I fix this?

Thank you. 

Liz

Ciaran Irvine (Core Developer)
Re: program enrollment not creating role
by Ciaran Irvine (Core Developer) - Sunday, 23 February 2014, 2:30 PM

Hi Liz,

Is this happening to every learner enrolled through the program or just one? Have you changed the name/shortname of the Learner role? This should work, if I create an audience and assign them to a program then when the learner tries to access the course in the Program they are enrolled via the program enrolment plugin and automatically given the learner role.

There is nothing I can think of that would remove learner roles...and obviously users taking a course with no role will probably have some very strange effects on the completion code.

Can you check Site Administration -> Plugins -> Enrolments -> Program settings for the Program Enrolment plugin and make sure that "Default Role" is set to "Learner"?