Best practice forum (Archived)

Face to Face sessions report source

Daniel Bond
Face to Face sessions report source
by Daniel Bond - Monday, 24 February 2014, 5:05 AM
Group Most helpful contributor 2023

Hi,

The Face-to-face sessions report source appears to only display sessions which have someone booked onto them. While I can understand that it might be useful to see all of the booking onto all of the sessions, would it also be possible to just have a plain "sessions" report source which shows all sessions (booked or not). This is important for a number of reasons, not least the ability to feed other systems (display screens in reception waiting areas for example). If the source also contained the current number of booked spaces on the session, that might be helpful.

We discovered this problem when trying to identify which course had double-booked a room, and realised there was no easy way to search by date and room for an unknown session. While using the calendar is a workaround, it would definitely be better to have the report source available as well.

Regards

Dan

Tim Newham
Re: Face to Face sessions report source
by Tim Newham - Tuesday, 25 February 2014, 12:22 AM
Group Partners

Hello Dan, some of our NHS clients spotted exactly the same challenge recently! So we're developing a new report source for this. Drop me a line if you'd like to discuss how we can get it to you.

Best wishes,

Tim

This forum post has been removed
Thursday, 27 February 2014, 1:39 PM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
? ?
by ? ? - Thursday, 27 February 2014, 3:35 PM

Yes, a better F2F session report has actually been on the Feature Request list for some time now. I've now marked it as a reported issue with a link to this forum, so that may bump it up the priority queue.

As this thread is linked to the feature request, any other ideas/comments on how the report should work would be useful for the developer who eventually gets assigned to it. Also if Tim beats us to it, we're always happy to accept code contributions from partners :-)

Tim Newham
by Tim Newham - Friday, 28 February 2014, 12:13 AM
Group Partners

Hi all, we've finished the source so Ciaran I'll get it sent on to you now.

Best wishes,

Tim

Alex Büchner
by Alex Büchner - Friday, 28 February 2014, 9:44 PM

Tim,

good news. We have a similar requirement. Would you be able to send on the code to me as well, please?

Much appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

Rickard Skiold
by Rickard Skiold - Friday, 28 February 2014, 5:07 AM

Hi,

Related to F2F, sessions and reports - we'd really like a report where a trainer could retrieve the sessions she is assigned as a (editing) trainer to - as well as the room details.

It would also be good to be able to create reports containing other session data, such as date/time for :

• when users signed up
  • when bookings were approved/not approved
  • when bookings were cancelled

Cheers,

//Rickard

Friday, 28 February 2014, 2:02 PM
Monday, 24 March 2014, 3:03 PM
? ?
by ? ? - Monday, 24 March 2014, 3:20 PM

There will be a new F2F sessions report in 2.6.

We'll see if it addresses most of the needs outlined on this thread, we can always improve it later.