لقد تمت إزالة مشاركة المنتدى هذه
Monday, 10 March 2014, 5:21 AM
تمت إزالة محتوى هذه المشاركة في المنتدى ولم يعد من الممكن الوصول إليها
Tom Ireland
Re: Totara Sync
بواسطة Monday, 10 March 2014, 5:51 AM - Tom Ireland
مجموعة Totara

Hi, Sarah Jane

Have you applied an ID for each item in your Organisation?

You can map users to their appropriate Organisation by applying the Organisation ID to a field in your user .csv file. This is the same for assigning a manager. You will have to make sure the manager exists or comes before the user who they're mapped to in your .csv file.

The way we did it was to upload our hierarchy with appropriate IDs (this can be what you like, although we used a nested numbering system as we have multiple levels). Then we uploaded all users without the manager ID field to make sure everyone was in the system and then re-upload the same file, including the manager ID so that they were mapped correctly.

See http://help.totaralms.com/CSV_Files.htm to view appropriate fields for org and manager IDs.

I'm not sure I understand your last bit about mapping users to a leaver manager. I assume if they are deleted, you could map in a similar way as I mentioned above and change the appropriate manager and org ID in your .csv file.

If you're fortunate enough to have a development environment, it's worth running a few tests in there first to ensure you get to grips with how it works.

I hope the above makes sense.

Cheers

Tom

Monday, 10 March 2014, 7:07 AM
Tom Ireland
بواسطة Monday, 10 March 2014, 8:49 AM - Tom Ireland
مجموعة Totara

Hi, Sarah Jane

One thing I wouId normally check, would be to ensure that the appropriate field e.g. orgidnumber has been checked as a field to import in the CSV source settings for users.

I'm not sure how the orgidnumber should be formatted with regard to what characters you can use. In our company, we only use a number as opposed to a string of text, special characters and numbers as you have shown above.

Other than what I've mentioned above, if you're still struggling, I would encourage you to raise a support ticket if you're experiencing technical difficulty using Totara Sync.

It's worth mentioning that if you're going to raise a ticket, provide as much information as you possibly can for the support team. This normally makes for a speedier resolution if you can provide plenty of info, in my experience, but it depends on the problem.

Cheers

Tom

Tuesday, 11 March 2014, 1:04 AM
Tom Ireland
بواسطة Tuesday, 11 March 2014, 1:26 AM - Tom Ireland
مجموعة Totara

Hi, Sarah Jane

Good spot! I'm glad to hear you got it sorted.

Cheers

Tom