Best practice forum (Archived)

Certifications – resetting completion – methods

Rob Bloor
Certifications – resetting completion – methods
by Rob Bloor - Wednesday, 19 March 2014, 4:26 AM

Hi

I have a course where I want staff to read information etc. and then I have used a checklist for them to self-declare they have read and understood.  After attaching a certificate to it and testing it seems as though this checklist does not get reset, so the course completion stays at when it was first done.

I see that only certain courses get reset e.g. f2f, so is this the case, it won’t work.  Is there any workaround anyone can suggest?

Thanks

Rob

me
Re: Certifications – resetting completion – methods
by George Angus - Wednesday, 19 March 2014, 3:17 PM
Group Totara

Hi Rob,

Do you want this course to be reused by learners whenever they do certain other courses?

G.

Rob Bloor
by Rob Bloor - Thursday, 20 March 2014, 1:45 AM

Hi George, no just to do this course every year.  I would refresh the information they have to access but would need the checklist to refresh so that "ticking" it again would give a new completion date for the certification.

The workaround I'm considering is writing a small SCORM course that triggers completion in a similar way.

Rob

me
by George Angus - Thursday, 20 March 2014, 2:43 PM
Group Totara

Hi Rob,

Is the checklist a quiz? 

G.

Rob Bloor
by Rob Bloor - Friday, 21 March 2014, 9:15 AM

No it's the checklist plugin, just looked at plugins.php and it's an add, proably explains it?  Rob

me
by George Angus - Tuesday, 25 March 2014, 7:40 PM
Group Totara

Hi Rob,

Could be. Idve thought a straightforward quiz activity within the course would have done the job.

G.